Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 15, 2010

A little about me...

There probably isn't anything much to explain.  After years of being a complainer, and having some folks say I write better than I speak, perhaps it's time to give this blogging thing a shot. PLEASE NOTE! That isn't patting myself on the back. It's just that I cannot speak coherently. Writing is a bit better!
Everybody has opinions.  That's one thing that make us human.  An interesting concept, this blogging - you can give incoherence a permanent home in cyberspace.  It doesn't allow for interruptions, either, so you can complete a thought without losing track of where you are.  That'll come in handy!
I'm an official old fart, born in 1953.  Had some bad stuff and some good stuff happen, like everyone.  And I've learned some stuff along the way.  I refuse to grow up, but am enjoying getting older.  I'm much more philosophical now, as most people get - more circumspect, more able to see other sides of an argument.  That's one interesting thing: usually when you get older the tendency is to become more set in your ways.  In some aspects it's true, but in others I find that a) it doesn't matter enough to me or b) your argument actually makes sense.
What will be discussed here?  Probably lots of politics (only because very little of it makes sense).  Music (but only the kinds I like).  Relationships (there's an open field for you).  Aging.  Sports.  Random musings.  Religion.  Values.  And along the way, maybe we'll all learn something.
Why is that?  Because I encourage all readers to leave comments.  Agree, disagree, it doesn't matter.  The only thing I request is that you keep it civil.  No name calling, no slander (unless it's about politicians - they've earned it).  No crudity.  That's one of my strengths, but we'll leave that for elsewhere.
Anyway, welcome to my world.  Hope you pull up a chair and set a spell, yak back and let's have a good time!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how this happened; everyone else in the family is so quiet and reserved, wouldn't say nothin' even with a mouthful of it. And opinionated, lordy no! I guess someone's got to be the black sheep around here, though.

    - Your brother

    ReplyDelete